Everyone leads busy lives. Sometimes we barely have a second to breathe, so who has time to take their clothes to the dry cleaners? Well even though its a necessity for certain items of clothing, here is a short cut for when you’re in a pinch.
1. Check the material content, if its wool, silk or cotton you may gently wash the garment by hand. If the item you want to wash is a loose material, suede or leather take it to a dry cleaner.
2. Take a basin or bucket and fill it with cold water and mix gentle detergent until you get some bubbles forming. (Never use hot water, its too harsh on the fabric)
3. Saturate the garment in the bucket, dip it completely in and pull it completely out. Repeat. Rub areas that are stained with your hands, do not use anything else.
4. Dump the soapy water out and refill the bucket with cold water, submerge the garment to rinse the soap off.
5. Lay a clean towel down and lay the garment on top, roll the garment and the towel together. Do this until the garment is no longer dripping wet. Lay the garment flat to dry.
And voila! An inexpensive way to clean dry cleaning. You can also use a washing machine for larger items, just use the gentle cycle and cold water with gentle detergent. Lay out the garment to dry. Stay tuned for this weeks Throwback!